Mount Calvary will host a Cross Cultural Family Night on Wednesday, September 20, beginning with a meal at 5:30 pm, and some fun learning activities until around 7:00 pm. We are partnering with Maria Krawczyk, our liaison with Michigan Migrant Children Support, and look forward to enjoying food and activities that are traditional favorites for migrant worker families. This “Cross Point” event is open to everyone in the community! You’re welcome to bring a favorite Spanish/Mexican dish as part of a potluck! We look forward to the opportunity to interact and learn more about cultural traditions of our migrant families, neighbors and friends!
For more information, contact Pastor Jeff Wilhelm.
Just few Pictures from The Mount Calvary Lutheran Women (MCLW) Retreat Last Saturday. (Click or tap below to view)
Video’s are made: Courtesy of Western Michigan Photography
JOB POSTING (6/25/17)
Mount Calvary Lutheran Church, Greenville, MI
Director of Children and Family Ministry – Part Time (beginning at 20 hrs/week)
Compensation: Commensurate with skills and experience
REPORTS TO: Pastor (secondary supervisor: Childcare Director)
Seeking an energetic, conscientious, and entrepreneurial individual to lead and coordinate the Children and Family Ministry (focused primarily on Preschool through Fifth Grade), which includes Sunday School, Mid-Week Activities, Special Events, and being part of the Childcare team. A detailed position description is attached,
Qualified, interested candidates should submit an Employment Application along with a resume, to Mount Calvary Lutheran Church, email@example.com, no later than Friday, August 4.
Written by: CVDaily Editors
As we approach the winter season it brings to mind the extreme cold, snow, ice, and other wintry conditions we expect to see this time of year. So grab a cup of hot chocolate and consider these creative ways people at your church can serve their community this winter.
- Offer to take an elderly neighbor to the store to stock up on winter supplies/groceries, or have your neighbor make a list for you to pick up while you’re out.
- Shovel your neighbor’s walkway. Or, get your exercise in for the day and do the whole street!
- Place salt on someone’s front door steps or that neglected bit of sidewalk between houses.
- If others lose power, offer your house as a location for cell phone/laptop charging.
- Invite neighborhood kids/families to build snowmen if schools are cancelled.
- Create a free hot chocolate stand outside a busy shopping area.
- Offer to help someone scrape the ice off their car or scrape someone’s car when you do yours in the morning/after work.
- Send thank you notes to police, firefighters, road crews, etc.
- Order a PIZZA for your local police, fire station, or road crew!
- Carry extra winter supplies in your car to assist distressed motorists.
- Contact local emergency shelters to learn how you can support their efforts.
- Offer hand warmers to people standing at bus stops or to school crossing guards.
- If your kids have had school cancelled, help them write appreciation notes to their teacher.
- Offer to watch your friend/neighbor’s kids while they run out for groceries or during their work hours.
- If a friend/neighbor has mobility issues, offer to walk their dog—or better yet, keep your kids occupied and have them offer to walk the neighbor’s dog!
- Share or post the locations of heating stations in your area on your social media pages or church website.
Whatever you decide to do—please be sure to do it safely and with good judgment. After all, it can be slick out there!
[Used with permission from Send Me St. Louis.]
CPH is excited to introduce our new devotional blog, Today in the Church Year. We hope this resource is helpful as you continue to grow in Christ and His Word. Each blog post features a short devotional passage on feasts, festivals, and Sundays.
Click Read more to view this Posting..just to let everybody know this will merged into the MCYC page
Millennials are a unique group that churches often struggle to reach. Knowing why millennials behave the way they do can greatly shape how the church engages them.
Join us for an online panel discussion on Thursday, June 30th at 10:00 a.m. CST. The panel will be answering questions about millennial characteristics, stereotypes, and how the church can reach out to them.
Follow this link to download the ebook Millennials & the Church: http://www.concordiatechnology.org/do…
[The Scripture] teaches us to see, to feel, to grasp, and to comprehend faith, hope, and charity, far otherwise than mere human reason can; and when evil oppresses us, it teaches how these virtues throw light upon the darkness, and how, after this poor miserable existence of ours on earth, there is another and eternal life.—Martin Luther
Sunday School Teachers
Preschool-3rd Mrs. Daenzer & Mrs. Kreft
4th-7th- Mr, Roodvoets
8th-12th- Mrs. Nanzer
There will be two semesters of Sunday School each with 17 sessions. ln order to earn an attendance award you will need to attend at least 11 out of the 17 sessions.
1st semester- 9/10- 1/14
2nd semester- 1/21- 5/20
Last year we were able to give gift cards for lTunes, Applebees, Dairy Queen, McDonalds, and Craig’s Cruisers. Let me know if you have any ideas for awards.
9/10 11:00-12:00 First day of Sunday School
9/21 6:30-8:30 Bible Journaling at church
10/13-14- Craft Show & Luncheon
10/15- 500th Reformation Service at MSU
10/27- 6:00-10:00 MCLC Game Night
11/10- 6:00-10:00 MCLC Game Night
11/18- Pie Making Sale
11/26- Christmas Program Parts
11/30-6:00-8:30 PastorTige & Sara Culbertson “Personal lntegrity”
12/03-1 0- Christmas Pro gram Practice
12/17- 11:00 Jesus Birthday Party
12/17- 12:00 Cookie Exchange
12/24 & 12/31-No Sunday Scnoot E
12/29- 6:30-9:30 Movie Night
1/19- 6:00-10:00 MCLC Game Night
2/03- Superbowl Subs Sale
2/13- 4:00-8:00 Fat Tuesday Pancake Dinner
2/21, 2128, 3107, 3114, 3/21- Lent Soup
2/12 or 16- Pando Tubing
3/09- MCLC Variefy Show
3/16- 6:00-10:00 MCLC Game Night
3/29- Maundy Thursday
3/30- Good Friday
4/01- Easter- Pancake Breakfast No Sunday School
4/13- 6:00-10:00 MCLC Game Night
5/01- 4:00-8:00 Pork Dinner
5/04- 6:00-10:00 MCLC Game Night
6/11-12- 4th Annual Hometown Mission
6/17-23- Summer Mission to Detroit Mount Calvary Lutheran
7/08-7/11- National Youth Workers
Highlight of this Year National Youth Gathering 2016